This book would certainly assume great significance in creating database for realistic planning and implementation of future SHG movement and would help in adding to existing store-house of knowledge concerning SHG approach and related issues. It would also guide readers in deriving insight in understanding many aspects relevant particularly to SHG approach adopted under different schemes implemented by various government and non-government organizations.
Banshi Lal Sahu, is presently working as Block Technology Manager, Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA), Kanker, Chhattisgarh.
Souvik Ghosh, is presently working as Professor (Agricultural Extension) at Department of Agriculture Extension and Agriculture Economics and Agriculture Statistics, Palli Siksha Bhavana (Institute of Agriculture), Visva-Bharati University.
1. Concept of SHG Approach, Group Dynamics, Livelihood and Empowerment
2. Glimpse of Past Research on SHG Approach
3. SHG Approach in Eastern Indian States
4. Research Settings to Study SHG Approach
5. Research Methodology to Study SHG Approach
6. SHGs in Improving Livelihood and Empowerment of Rural Poor
7. SHG: Looking Back and Looking Ahead
8. Sustainability of SHGs