The book entitled “Practical Multivariate Statistics” has been designed for P.G. and Ph.D. students of “Pure Statistics”, “Agricultural Statistics”, “Biological & Social Sciences” and those who have to appear in various competitive examinations like (ISS, IES, SSS, A.S.R.B., State’s PSC’s, NET and IAS.). This book is also useful for faculties of “Department of Statistics” of Indian Universities. The book is the outcome of 33 years of teaching experience of U.G., P.G. and Ph.D. students of different disciplines of Agriculture, Agril. Engg. and Agril Statistics.
The book contains 12 chapters, out of which (1-5) deals with the “Multivariate Analysis”, (6-9) Multivariate Regression Analysis, (10) Multicollinearity, (11) Sampling Distributions of Partial & Multiple Correlation and (12) Elements of Stochastic Processes. In each chapter three type of questions. “True/False, Fill in the Blanks and Multiple Choice Questions alongwith their “Key Answers” have been provided.
K.S. Kushwaha: M.Sc., P.S.C.C., Ph.D. (Statistics), Recipient of Dr. Radhakrishanan Award (1992), Associate Professor (Statistics), Department of Mathematics & Statistics, Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidayalaya, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India, Rajesh Kumar: M.Sc., P.S.C.C., Ph.D., (Statistics), Principal Scientist (Statistics), Indian Institute of Sugarcane Research (ICAR), Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. India
1. Multivariate Normal Distribution
2. Hotelling’s T2 and D2 Statistics
3. Wishart Distribution
4. Discriminant Function
5. Principal Component Analysis, Factor Analysis and Canonical Analysis
6. Model Adequancy in Multivariate Regression Analysis
7. Multivariate Regression in Matrix Approach
8. Selecting Best Regression Equation
9. Examination of Residuals in Regression Analysis
10. Multicollinearity and Reasons for its Existence
11. Sampling Distribution of Partial and Multiple Correlation
12. Elements of Stochastic Processess