The Objective of this book is to explain and discuss the various green processing strategies, so the Book has been divided into distinct sections which cover 5 sub themes i.e. Green technologies in Food Production, Post Harvest Management and Value Addition for Sustainable Value Chains, Green and eco friendly techniques in food packaging, Waste management and valorization.
The First section aims at obtaining insight in various green technologies like non thermal processing technologies. In the Second section, technologies related to waste valorization are discussed, and in Third Section, post harvest management and value addition are described in detail. The Last Section deals with the concerns of various stakeholders in this food value chain and also few topics related to eco friendly techniques.
The editors hope that the readers of this book will get a broad overview on all the relevant topics and technologies, and will also find valuable information on Green perspectives in the Food Processing Sector. This book is a welcome resource for Food Engineers/Food Scientists/Food Technologists and academia.
Anupama Singh: is currently Professor and Head at Department of Food Engineering, National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM), India.
Komal Chauhan: At present she is working as Associate Professor in Nutrition in the Dept. of Food Science and Technology at National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management, Kundli, Sonipat, Haryana.
Rajni Chopra: currently working as Associate professor in the Department of Food Science and Technology, NIFTEM, Haryana, India.
Rakhi Singh: is Assistant Professor in the Department of Food Science and Technology, National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM), Haryana, India.
Anurag Singh: is working as Assistant professor in the department of Food Science and Technology at National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM), Sonipat, India.
Pramod K Prabhakar is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Food Science and Technology, NIFTEM Kundli, Haryana.
Shruti Shukla: is currently working as DBT-Ramalingaswamy Faculty Fellow in the Department of Food Science and Technology at NIFTEM.
No eChapter available for this eBook
1. Green Technology in Bakery Industry
S.P. Divekar* and V.T. Atkari
2. Ozone Treatment: The Green Technology in Food Industry
Krantidip R. Pawar, Vinod T*. Atkari, Dilip A. Pawar and Pravin D.Ukey
3. Application of Green and Eco-Friendly Techniques in Food Packaging
Amit Pratap Singh, Anurag Singh* and Ashish Khare
4. Entrepreneurial Opportunities Through Value Addition of Jackfruit (Artocarpus Heterophyllus)
Sapna Arora* and Anjali Shankhwar
5. Ultrasound Assisted Drying and Its Impact on Bioactive Compounds of Fruits and Vegetables
Swati Mitharwal, Sachin Kumar, Neerja Usha Kujur, Komal Chauhan, and Prabhat Kumar Nema
6. Green Approach in Food Processing and Production Through Nanotechnology
Aryasree Sukumar and K.A. Athmaselvi*
7. Valorization of By Products in Agro Commodity Processing Sectors
Jayati Pal Chattopadhyay* and Aditi Roy Chowdhury
8. Various Microencapsulation Process Technologies Used in Food Industries: An Overview
Sumit Sudhir Pathak* and Mahipal Singh Tomar
9. Malting and Its Effect on Nutritive Value of Food
Rakhi Singh*, Vandana Kaushal, S. Thangalakshami and Anurag Singh
10. An Insight of Cold Plasma Processing and its Application in Food Industry
Drishti Kadian and Chander Mohan*
11. Cooked Food Waste Management: An Eco-friendly Approach
K. Sai Shiva, Anurag Singh*, Rakhi Singh and S. Thangalakshmi
12. Green Packaging and Utilization of Fruit Fibres: A Review
Srishti Khurana, Yashmita Grover, Aparna Agarwal* Abhishek Dutt Tripathi and Anjana Kumari
13. Processing of Banana Flower to Value Added Products A Review
Pooja Jha, Murlidhar Meghwal* and Pramod K. Prabhakar
14. Carbon Foot Printing and Green Technology: An Environment Friendly Approach in Dairy Sector
Partha Pratim Debnath*, Syed Mansha Rafiq and Nandini Dutta