Commercial entomology is a specialized field of attraction under Entomology. In spite of the fact that insect and their products are known since ages, much literature is not available on commercial entomology.
Authors of the chapters of the book have profound knowledge of different aspects of biology and management of insects especially in their field of contribution. So, their inputs are valuable for the development of commercial entomology in India. Importance has been given to Apis spp., silk worm, lack insect etc. while planning the chapters.
The chapters of the book start from the honey bees and their management by Dr. Suday Prasad. Production technology for bee products and pests of honeybees and bee poisoning has been explained by Dr. Hari Chand and Mr. Beer Bahadur Singh in the 2nd and 3rd chapter, respectively. These chapters describe different valuable bee hive products, processing, uses and their composition for promotion of beekeeping development. The chapters on sericulture, lac culture, biological control, insect pests of medical importance, insect pests of cattle and poultry etc. have also been included in this book.
Anil Kumar: Assistant Professor-cum-Scientist, Department of Entomology, Sugarcane Research Institute, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa-848 125 Samastipur, Bihar, India
Nagendra Kumar: Assistant Professor-cum-Scientist, Department of Entomology, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa-848 125, Samastipur, Bihar, India
Hari Chand: Assistant Professor-cum-Scientist, Department of Entomology, Sugarcane Research Institute, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa-848 125 Samastipur, Bihar, India
1. Honeybees and their Management
2. Production Technology for Beehive Products
3. Pests of Honeybees and Bee Poisoning
4. Sericulture Farming in India: An Overview
5. Tasar Culture: An Overview
6. Pests and Disease of Silkworm and their Safe Management
7. Lac Insect, Natural Enemies and their Management
8. Interaction of Lac Insects with Microbes
9. Biological Control of Insect Pests
10. Importance of Household Pests in Human Health and
11. Rodents and their Management
12. Important Stored Grain Pests and their IPM
13. Use of Household Pesticides and their Safe Uses
14. Insect Pest of Livestock, Poultry, Pet and
their Management .
15. Insect Pest of Medical Important and their Management
16. Termite: Prevention and Management in Building
17. Insect Pollination to Agri-horti Crops