The book makes an earnest attempt to include various issues related to Rainfed Agriculture viz. soil and water conservation, drought management strategies, rain water harvesting, crops and cropping system for dryland agriculture, conservation agriculture, climate- smart agriculture and watershed management as per the recommendation of fifth Dean's Committee of Indian Council of Agricultural Research has been presented.
The subject matter is both narrative and critical. Illustrations have been added to make the subject matter more clear.
No eChapter available for this eBook
1. Introduction and History of Rainfed agriculture
2. Constraints of Rainfed areas
3. Dry Land Soils
5. Classification of Climate
6. Soil and Moisture Conservation
7. Drought Management Strategies
8. Rain water harvesting
9. Crops and Cropping Systems for Dryland agriculture
10. Conservation agriculture
11. Climate-Smart agriculture
12. Watershed Management
13. Strategies and Policies for Dryland agriculture