Changing climate in micro and macro level attribute to influence and bring changes in productivity and production trend of every industry including agriculture and its ecosystem. The influence of climate change and its environmental impact on coastal ecosystem greatly influence the life and livelihood of agrarian communities and people involved in allied industries.
The book has been authored with objectives of providing understanding on the environmental problems, features of coastal ecosystem, advanced strategies for environmental protection, mitigation strategies for environmental problems in coastal areas and augmenting agriculture income from coastal areas
M. Prakash: Professor, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu-608 002
S. Arivudainambi: Professor of Entomology, Faculty of Agriculture, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu-608 002
S. Rameshkumar: Professor of Horticulture, Department of Horticulture, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu-608 002
S. Babu: Faculty of Agriculture, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu-608 002
No eChapter available for this eBook
1. Coastal Agriculture: Status & Strategies
2. Farming system approaches for climate resilience in coastal agriculture
3. Molecular breeding for salt and submergence tolerance in rice
4. New prediction models of innovative technologies for maximizing the production of greengram and blackgram in coastal areas.
5. Scaling up of traditional paddy varieties: A tool to combat climate change.
6. Physiological and biochemical traits associated with salinity tolerance in crop plants.
7. Microbiome component for sustainable management of soil fertility and productivity in coastal farming.
8. Saline soil in coastal ecosystem – Issues and initiatives.
9. Impact of climate change on agricultural production.
10. Impact of climate change in horticultural crops.
11. Vetiver-a blessing to coastal ecosystem for an integral prosperity and ecological stability
12. Climate change and insect pest management in coastal agriculture: facts and problems.
13. Coastal biodiversity of India
14. Coastal agroforestry: Challenges and opportunities
15. Solid waste management & environmental awareness - The need of the hour.