The book entitled “Agricultural Heritage” is written as a textbook for the students in agriculture in the all agricultural universities, agricultural colleges at the undergraduate level as per syllabuses of 5th Dean Committee’s recommendation taking account of lesson-wise 18 lecture plans derived from the content of the prescribed syllabus. In the past decade, the agricultural productivity increased substantially due to intensive management and introduction of fertilizer and irrigation responsive high yielding varieties of cereal crops to the fore. But it is essential to know that was where the agriculture started from the ancient past and that it reached to modern agriculture now as of today over a thousand of years in the process of civilization, social changes, and evolution.
Though a few books are available on the title those did not have an arrangement of class lectures in accordance with the prescribed syllabus to give a readymade and easy guidelines to the teachers for imparting lesson to the students. The course is being offered within the 1-3rd semester in undergraduate level within the curriculum. Hence, the attempt has been taken in arranging the prescribed syllabus systemically. This might be considered as the remedial measures removing the technical difficulties in bringing out a complete series of lesson plans to meet the demand.
A. ZAMAN: Director, School of Agricultural Sciences, Sister Nivedita University, Kolkata-700 156, West Bengal, India
Md. HEDAYETULLAH: is an Assistant Professor/Scientist, AICRP on Chickpea, Directorate of Research, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal. Acting as an Officer-In-Charge under All India Coordinated Research Project on Chickpea
No eChapter available for this eBook
01. Introduction to Agricultural Heritage, Definition of Heritage, Agriculture Heritage, Scope of Agriculture and Need to Study Agricultural Heritage
02. Relevance of Heritage to Present Day Agriculture
03. Past status of Agriculture and Farmers in Society Specific Role in Ensuring Food Security in Farming Systems Sinc.
04. Present Status of Agricultural Advancement, Modern Agricultural Education and Role of Agri-Societies
05. Agricultural Resources Available, Importance of Agriculture and Scope of Agriculture
06. Importance of Farmers and Ancient Agricultural Practices and 75 Scientific Basis, Status of Agriculture as Advice by Sages to Kings on their Duties Towards Farmers
07. Heritage of Crop and Water Management in Ancient and Pre-historic and Medieval Period
08. Journey of Indian Agriculture and Its Development from Past to Modern Era
09. Crop Production through Indigenous Traditional Knowledge 123 (ITKs)
10. Plant Disorders, Its Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Materials and Plant Protection in Ancient India Through Indigenous Traditional Knowledge (ITKs)
11. Crop Voyage in India and World
12. Medicinal Plants and Their Importance in Agricultural Heritage
13. Gender Equity in Ancient and Modern Agriculture
14. Crop Significance and Crop Classifications
15. National Agriculture Setup in India
16. Current Scenario of Indian Agriculture, Journey in Agriculture and Its Impact
17. Indian Agricultural Concerns and Future Prospects, Agricultural Vision The Future and Challenges Ahead
18. International Agricultural Research Setup