Quarantine has emerged as a most referred and used word in 2019-2020 for the human being around the world. It has made impact on the human lives, national economies, people migration, restriction on human movement and political turbulences in several nation around the world with the emergence of Covid-19, a human virus as an invasive species.
Like human quarantine, the subject of plant quarantine is also an important subject in the plant and food securities around the world. The recent attack of locust in Sub-Saharan region upto Indian continent has impacted the agriculture due to this invasive alien species. Several examples of diseases and pest threats are encountered the agricultural crop production, bioversity and ecological environment of the region. Plant quarantine regulations in different regions of the world helps to save the damage from such invasive alien species.
The sudden emergence of plant pathogen including viruses may surprise the common and government establishments. Therefore, knowledge on subject of plant quarantine in context to invasive alien species is atmost important issue. At present this knowledge is lacking, the literature is scattered and there is no upto date book available on this subject.
The book Plant Quarantine, an approach to restrict invasive alien species, is a compilation of all necessary aspects related to this subject.The book content 16 chapters.
It is valuable asset for the plant quarantine personnel working in the field, agriculture university students, plant health workers, farmers doing agriculture, plant and seed traders and to all those who use agriculture produce and products.
No eChapter available for this eBook
1. Plant Quarantine and Agriculture Security
2. Pest Risk Analysis (PRA) of Invasive Alien Species (IAS)
3. Plant Protection Conventions, Guidelines and Their Application for Plant Quarantine
4. Regional Plant Protection Organizations (RPPO) and Their Role in Plant Protection
5. Approaches and Experiences of Pest Risk Analysis (PRA) in Developed and Developing Countries
6. Invasive Species Detection Techniques and Management Adopted Around The World
7. Bionet and Loop’s In Management of Invasive Alien Species
8. Phytosanitary Capacity Evaluation for Implementation of Phytosanitary Measures
9. Approaches of Biological Control in Invasive Species Management (ISPM): Experiences and Lessons of Using ISPM 3
10. Information Exchange and The International Phytosanitary Portal
11. Indian Approach TO Restrict Invasive Alien Species Through Plant Quarantine
12. Diagnostic Protocols for Regulated Pests
13. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of Plant Quarantine in India
14. Import-Export Procedures
15. Quarantine Pest and Diseases for Different Crops/Planting Material For India
16. Salvaging of Infested/ Infected Quarantine Material