It was in the year 1976 with the grace of the god, Shri Shree Pal Jain laid the foundation of NEW INDIA BOOKS & PERIODICALS (NIBP) to serve various institutes both India and Abroad.
After being in business for more than 25 years; NIPA the publishing arm was incorporated in the year 2005 which has so far published around 377 titles with a back list of more than 300 titles and front list of around 75 titles.
NIPA publishes references and texts in the fields of Agriculture, Gardening/Horticulture, Plant Sciences, Food Sciences and Animal and Veterinary Sciences.
Many of our books are being accepted as textbooks in major universities.
At present it has its own editorial and production teams whereby every proposal that come across NIPA is been scrutinized very carefully for its contents and data keeping the quality standards of our products high.
In a span of 10 years we have published authors and editors who are well known for their contributions in their respective fields; like:
- Professor MS Swaminathan (the father of Indian Green Revolution)
- Professor K V Peter
- Dr. Arun S. Mujumdar (Department of Bioresources Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A2A7)
- Dr. V.K.Joshi
- Dr. S. Rajarathnam retired as Head of the Department of Fruit and Vegetable Technology, Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore-570020.
- Dr. Golam Kibria (Senior Environmental Scientist, Goulburn - Murray Rural Water Authority, Victoria, Australia)
- Dr AS Bawa
- Professor Jules Pretty (Professor of Environment and Society at the University of Essex, UK)
- Professor Nancy J Turner (Distinguished Professor and Hakki Professor in Ethonoecology in the School of Environmental Studies, University of Victoria, Canada.)
- Dr. Victoria Reyes-Garcia is ICREA research Professor at the Environmental Science and Technology Institute, Spain
- Dr. Pranab Hazra (presently working as Professor in the Department of Vegetable Crops, Faculty of Horticulture, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwavidayalaya, Mohanpur, West Bengal).
- Dr. P.Naranswamy: (has worked as Professor and Professor and Head Department of Plant Pathology, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore (1970-1997).
- Dr. S.K.Jindal, is Principal Scientist and Head, Division of Physiology, Reproduction and Shelter Management at Central Institute for Research on Goats, Makhdoom, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- P. Ananda Kumar is the Project Director of National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology.
- Gopal Krishna is an international recognized Professor of Veterinary Sciences, recipient of world highest honor-Humboldt Fellow.
and many more