This book deals with almost all the important aspects of Sustainable Agriculture viz., principles of sustainable agriculture, indicators of agricultural sustainability, LEISA, conservation agriculture, soil, nutrient, water and integrated pest management for sustainable agriculture, climate smart sustainable agriculture, contingent planning for weather hazards, agroforestry, agriculture waste management.
The details have been discussed about the objectives, benefits and concerns related to sustainable agriculture. Not only this but the chapters presented in this book discusses about the sustainable soil and water management, approaches for nutrient management, benefits and limitations of IPM, effect of climate change on agriculture, crop diversification for sustainability and what aims and principles of organic farming are required for sustainable agriculture.
This book will provide a knowledge base for developing human resources for students, teachers, researchers, in short for everybody who are associated with the concept of sustainable agriculture.
No eChapter available for this eBook
1. Introduction to Sustainable Agriculture
2. Indicators of Agricultural Sustainability
3. Low External Input and Sustainable Agriculture
4. Conservation Agriculture for Sustainability
5. Soil Management for Sustainable Agriculture
6. Nutrient Management for Sustainable Agriculture
7. Water Management for Sustainable Agriculture
8. Integrated Pest Management for Sustainable Agriculture
9. Climate Smart Sustainable Agriculture
10. Contingent Planning for Weather Hazards
11. Cropping Systems for Sustainable Agriculture
12. Integrated Farming Systems for Sustainable Agriculture
13. Agroforestry - A Sustainable Land Use System
14. Organic Farming for Sustainable Agriculture
15. Sustainable Livestock Farming
16. Agricultural Waste Management